Picking and shipping orders as a small to medium sized business can quickly turn unmanageable if demand suddenly outstrips your available resources. Mistakes are made. Promised delivery times are missed. Customer satisfaction drops. Unfortunately, the benefits of outsourcing your pick and pack distribution becomes painfully apparent when it’s too late to implement the service appropriately. However, when implemented in a timely fashion, it’s easy to see why growing business owners enjoy dealing with providers of this essential service.
- Don’t worry about keeping up with demand – Picking and packing orders can be great fun, when there is no need to rush. Once a new business starts rapidly growing, the task of shipping switches from being a nice break from ordinary activities, to a hectic race. This is a great indicator for when business owners should look into a contracted distribution center.
- Stop filling your entire garage with stock – This is one of the big reasons small business owners first look into contracting outside warehouses. If your house has become overwhelmed with the amount of stock you need to carry, the time will come when you want to reclaim that space for yourself. Contracting with a warehouse will save you from having to lease or buy one of your own.
- Lease only the space you need – One of the big problems with leasing an entire warehouse is that you’ll often end up with too much space. The stock that once filled your house might only fill a fraction of a complete warehouse, so you’d end up paying for plenty of nothing. Contracting with a warehouse will allow you to only pay for the space your need, while leaving plenty of opportunity for expansion.
- No need to hire more employees – Distribution centers already have employees. The trained workers at a warehouse equipped for pick and pack services save you from having to hire and train your own employees. This ensures that you don’t have to worry about shipping errors – from day one you get to leverage people with years of experience.
- Get great deals with shipping companies – Since contract warehouses deal with many customers, they are able to get high-volume discounts from both local carriers and national trucking and transportation companies. This logistics advantage allows you to offer customers lower shipping prices than those previously determined by your company’s volume alone. You may even be able to offer free shipping without taking too big of a hit to your bottom line.
With all of these benefits, it is no wonder that businesses are turning to contracting outside warehouses equipped for pick and pack distribution. Give us a call to see how much smoother your operations would run with our professional distribution center at your fingertips.