When looking for a warehousing partner, it’s important to understand what services you require. The spectrum of available services will vary based on the provider, but contract packaging is a critical service to consider when deciding upon a third party logistics provider. The following are a few situations where you might need to utilize a packaging service:
- Long-term projections of required packaging exceeds your current capabilities.
- Unique short-term demand that may be better served by experts and equipment that you do not possess.
- Missing the resources required to invest in new equipment.
- Experiencing deadlines that generate heavy, short-term tasks requiring additional assistance alongside current in-house staff.
- Merchandise is more cost efficient when shipped in bulk.
- Brand-new packaging needs that are unfamiliar to your staff.
- The need to close down current operations due to maintenance or a lack of employees.
- Large amounts of product that needs reworking in order to make it profitable.
- Unable to meet regulatory and environmental compliance.
If faced with any of these situations, or if they seem plausible in the future, then make sure that contract packaging is an available service of your logistics and warehousing partner. Remember, contract packaging is just one of the many services that you can take advantage of. Combining packaging with distribution and transportation can yield even more efficiencies as you company continues to expand.
If you are looking for an expert 3PL that offers a full suite of services that can be customized to your business goals, then contact us today. We can help review your unique needs and put together a plan to simplify your business operations.